Thursday, February 19, 2015

Quick Tips for Cute Etsy Photos

Alphabet Printable Wall Art | Lady Lucas
'A is for Alligator' Alphabet Print by Lady Lucas
I've been working a lot on developing my Etsy store lately, and really enjoyed staging a few photo shoots for my printable goods this month. Here are some tips for super cute photos:

1. Use Natural Light
Nothing looks nicer then natural daylight when shooting your images. I used a butcher block table from IKEA for propping up my goods along with the backdrop of a simple white wall.


2. Props Rule
Props add interest and fun to the products you wish to sell. I have very few items in my new apartment, but I got creative and used a coffee mug, colored pencils, a leftover marzipan mushroom from the holidays, and a cute bird I bought for spring decorating. Fresh flowers are a very easy and affordable way to add interest to photos!
Owl Printable | Lady Lucas
Owl Art Printable by Lady Lucas
3. Have Fun!
Put some music on, brew a cup of coffee, and enjoy your photo shoot. Broadcast it on social media so your followers know what project you're going to offer next!

Please share my Etsy store with anyone you think would enjoy adorable and affordable printables {moms, teachers, grandparents, etc.} I'd really appreciate it!

xo Ashley

PS - I put together my first Etsy treasury this week featuring artists and shops that sell wonderful spring items - you can check it out here!

4 comments:

  1. Every Etsy owner should know that adorable props are necessary for tasty photos. After all, cute products capture a customer's eye so well. Also, I don't know about natural light, but it seems like a great idea to invest in good lighting. In any way, thanks for sharing those tips, Ashley! More power to you! :)

    Cory Phil @ Front Burner Marketing, LLC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cory for stopping by... I appreciate it! ;)

      Delete
  2. Some etsy shoppers are not just into the prices, but likewise concern with the presentation, or how you stage your products. And those great tips are absolutely helpful to guarantee good quality photos of your products. Thanks for the big help!

    Gerard Reese @ Kafe Digital Marketing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gerard for taking the time to stop by and share your thoughts... I also find that most customers are always more into the perfect product and how it appears as opposed to just 'the price'. Great point!

      Delete