Thursday, June 26, 2014

Sew Sunny Homestyle = Inspiration Galore

Tone Finnanger - Sew Sunny

I first noticed Tone Finnanger's work at Jo-Ann Fabric a few months ago. I saw a little book with the word 'Tilda' peeking out for the shelf and took a look at it with my mom. I have been thinking about her work ever since, so the last time we went to the store I just had to purchase "Sew Sunny Homestyle"! 

Tone's work is absolutely beautiful and fills your heart with fresh summer thoughts and happiness. Her sewing projects are innovative and make you want to live in the same cottage that was used for all the beautiful photography. I am a sewing beginner, so some of the projects are definitely a little advanced for me now. I mostly just like to leaf through the pages for inspiration.

Rocks with birds

After taking a peek at all the beach items and shells inside the book, I was inspired to draw on these rocks from our Miami trip. I just used a regular black, permanent marker to make these little owls and birds ;)


Fish Plush for Art-of-Crafts


All the lovely plush sea animals in "Sew Sunny Homestyle" made me want to create my own, so I made this little fish plush for the website Art-of-Crafts. Stay tuned for the tutorial later this month, and a series of nautical sewn creatures! I will post the links below in the comment section once they are live.

Are you familiar with Tone's work and lovely style? I'd love to hear from you below and don't forget to sign up for my e-list this month so you don't miss your free copy of my next picture book this August!

xo Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment