Friday, June 20, 2014

A Picture Book for Artists

Speech bubbles drawn for the pages of The Angry Artist
Last September I published a post about my next picture book idea called, "The Angry Artist". Ever since I came up with the idea, I've had the pages of the books tacked to my studio wall as a constant reminder - I must finish this project!

Children's Book Process - Lady Lucas

I learned last summer that these three months can be quite slow sales wise for illustrators and art teachers, so my plan is to self publish the book in August 2014!

A page that didn't make the cut ;)
A page I definitely need to keep.
The honest opinion of my family and friends was that the book is really not made for kids... but instead for visual artists... so I have finally began to really embrace the idea and am excited to share this poignant and fun tale of living the creative life with other artists.

All subscribers to my monthly e-newsletter will receive a FREE copy of the ebook when it's released this summer, so don't forget to sign up today so you don't miss it! xo Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment