Thursday, June 25, 2015

Merry Leon Day!

Gingerbread Heart Design by Lady Lucas

Today is a special holiday that you may not have heard of yet... it's Leon Day (Noel spelled backwards) and it is officially the halfway mark to Christmas! This holiday is becoming quite popular with crafters and creatives - because frankly - it's a great excuse to take a break from the heat and dream about snowmen and gingerbread houses!

Elf Design by Lady Lucas
I decided to take a little time out of my day to work on some designs for my 2015 Christmas card collection. Since I'm living abroad in Salzburg this year, I wanted to incorporate some local themes into the concepts above. Gingerbread hearts are extremely popular here in the wintertime, as well as all sorts of elves and forest beings.

Lots of other artists have been getting into the Christmas spirit already. Check out these adorable Christmas ornaments by Patience Brewster! I would love to receive this cutie in my stocking this December.
Patience Brewster Olivia Owl Ornament
If you've been working on some art or crafts for Christmas lately, share the link below in the comments! I would love to see whatever you have dreamed up...

Love & Eggnog, Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment