Monday, June 11, 2012

Google Images for Illustrators : Indie Debut Re-post


When I was in college I took a storyboarding class where the professor encouraged us to always look at examples of what we're drawing... before we drew it. I was almost 20 years old at the time and it was a revelation! I thought my whole life that artists were just supposed to 'know' how to draw things. It turns out... to really be a great artist or illustrator you should study your subject.  Now at age 30, I'm lucky enough to have Google Images; a wonderful alternative to sifting through thousands of magazines or books at the library.  
Found this cutie as a reference for the raccoon's face. 
Drew my own raccoon for a card illustration I was working on.
So, the next time you need a little inspiration before creating your work of art, just type your subject into Google Images and check out all the wonderful examples available to you. Remember to credit the inspiration behind your work when necessary!

Happy Creating!
;) Ashley

This is a re-post from my contribution to the Indie Debut Blog. You can see the original post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment